World War II Germanys Focke-Wulf Fw 190A featured a relatively simple design that placed a large radial engine into the narrow fuselage of a small, single-seat fighter.
After the "Butcher Bird" took its first flight on June 1, 1939, its effectiveness in air superiority, interception, ground attack and bombing roles led many Luftwaffe pilot to happily trade their Messerschmitt Bf 109s for the new warbird. This first-ever E-flite® Focke-Wulf model is based on a full-scale replica once owned by the late Rudy Frasca. Painted with the wartime markings of Austrian Luftwaffe pilot Oskar Bosch, the replica has been flown in west coast airshows and at the National Air Races in Reno. The E-flite Fw 190A 1.5m stands apart from all other RC model versions by delivering superior Extra Scale details, functional features and performance in a larger size, while being easy to assemble, transport and store. Its also equipped with a Spektrum(TM) Avian(TM) Smart ESC to deliver a warbird experience unlike any other!
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale Fw 190A model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the German Luftwaffe during World War II
- Extra Scale details including a removable drop tank, molded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, retractable main gear, split flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 3-blade prop and simulated engine fan
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and nearly unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum(TM) Avian(TM) Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitter
- Spektrum(TM) AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with treaded tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable main gear with scale-like length, shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Factory-applied trim scheme modeled after the replica Fw 190 previously owned by Rudy Frasca
- Large top hatch for fast and easy access to the battery compartment
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fiber and wood reinforcement
Extra Scale Details
The Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, guns and a removable drop tank - plus many more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED navigation lights, retractable main gear, split flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
The factory-installed power system features a 100-amp ESC plus a high-power brushless outrunner motor that works with the large-diameter three-blade propeller and a 6S 3200-7000mAh LiPo battery to deliver better-than-scale speed and nearly unlimited vertical performance.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The 3-piece wing design makes transport and storage as practical and convenient as possible because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels snap into place securely without fasteners.
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum(TM) transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- Automatic Self-Leveling
- Easy Switch Assignment - No Complex Programming Required
If you dont want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
- Approximate Assembly Time     Less than 1 hour
- Battery     Sold Separately
- CG (Center of Gravity)     3.7 - 4.3" (95mm - 110mm) from inner gun mount on LE
- Charger     Sold Separately
- Completion Level     Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Flaps     Yes
- Flying Weight     2001-25000g
- Power Type     Electric
- Landing Gear     Electric retracts
- Material     Foam
- Minimum Required Radio     6-channel
- Motor Size     4258-460Kv 14-Pole
- Motor Type     Brushless
- Product Length     50.6" (1285 mm)
- Product Weight     6.5lbs. w/o batt (2943g), 7.9lbs (3625 g) w/6S 5000mAh 30C
- Propeller Size     15" (381 mm)
- Radio     Sold Separately
- Receiver     Included
- Recommended Motor Battery     6S 5000mAh 30C
- Retracts     Included
- Servos     Included
- Skill Level     Level 2
- Speed Control     Included
- Technology     Smart
- Wingspan     59.5" (1511 mm)
In The Box
- (1) E-flite® Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m
- (1) 100A Spektrum(TM) Avian(TM) Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (6) Servos (installed)
- (1) Spektrum(TM) AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- Full-range 6–7+ channel Spektrum(TM) DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 6S 22.2V 3200-7000mAh LiPo with EC5(TM) or IC5® Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
Used with permission, copyright ©2022 Horizon Hobby, Inc. Copyright ©2022 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works.