Meet the COPPERHEAD 10 PERFORMANCE ESC. It takes to the open road as well as it takes to no road at all.
This completely new design rounds out 1:10 scale offerings, positioned between the SIDEWINDER 4 as the entry-level upgrade and the MAMBA X as the extreme performance option. The COPPERHEAD 10 includes CRYO-DRIVE(TM TECHNOLOGY, SENSORED MOTOR SUPPORT and DATA LOGGING LITE with Castle’s signature reliability and performance.
The ESC can be installed and calibrated (plug and play) and provide immediate fuss-free wheel time. Through the interface-free manual programming mode, using your transmitter you can set your low-voltage cutoff, brake/reverse type, brake amount, drag brake, motor type and direction. Likewise, you can employ the use of the Castle Link Programming Suite on your Windows(TM) PC (coupon for free USB adapter included with purchase), or wirelessly with the convenience of the new B-Link(TM) Bluetooth(TM) Adapter and Castle Link app for Android or iOS.  Additional Castle Link benefits include access to all firmware updates and added features sets released from Castle Engineering (at no charge), the ability to download and analyze your collected Data Log , an Intuitive Demo Mode capability as well as the option to save setup profiles (for multiple vehicles) for later use.
COPPERHEAD 10 FEATURES:
- Input Voltage Range for 1410-3800Kv Combo : 2s-3s LiPo
- SMARTSENSE(TM), SENSORED ONLY and BRUSHED Running Modes
- Selectable 5.5V or 7.5V (6A peak) internal BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuit)
- CRYO-DRIVE&trade Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs.
- ESC is housed in a durable injection molded case and potted in WATERPROOF epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer.
- 30mm removable fan and DUAL USE FAN GUARD
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR transmitters
- AUDIBLE ALERTS for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cutoff.
- Convenient TRANSMITTER PROGRAMMING for six common adjustable settings inlcuding cutoff voltage and drag brake.
- DATA LOGGING LITE captures and records performance data from your vehicle to maximize performance and battery life. (Battery Voltage Battery Ripple, Controller temp, Motor RPM, Motor Temp)
- SMARTSENSE(TM) uses the motor’s sensors at startup to provide cog-free starts, excellent torque and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, the ESC seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode.
- CASTLE LINK USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK(TM) BLUETOOTH ADAPTER (sold separately) and Castle Link App available on Google Play or Apple App Store
- PROUDLY DESIGNED, ASSEMBLED AND SUPPORTED IN KANSAS, USA.
- Backed by Castle Creations' 1-YEAR WARRANTY
Data Logging capabilities require the use of Castle Link Programming Suite using a Windows(TM) PC and freely downloadable software.
COPPERHEAD 10 3800KV COMBO COMES WITH:
- Copperhead 10 ESC with sensor harness
- 1410-3800KV Sensored Motor
- Copperhead decals and Audible Alert Reference Chart
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB
- Copperhead Quick Start Guide
- Sensor port dust cover
- Application Guidelines:    1:10 scale vehicles
- Input Voltage Range:
- Min: 2s LiPo
- Max: 4s LiPo (16.8V) (3s max with included 1410-3800kv motor)
- Running Modes:    SMARTSENSE&trade, Sensored Only and Brushed Motor Operation
- Brake:     Proportional
- Reversible:     Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch:     Yes, waterproof
- Cooling Fan:     Yes, factory equipped (30mm), fully removable and includes dual use fan guard  (See Operating Use Statements)
- Size:     2.19" x 1.39" x 1.33"
- Weight (with wires):     70.9 g / 2.50 oz.
- Motor Connectors:    4.0mm female bullets for motor connection
- Items Needed for Operation:
- Battery Connector required
- Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors
- Traxxas® Power Connectors
- or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended
- Operating environment:    Waterproof design for all weather conditions.
The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Programmability:    Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software, or the Castle Link App and a B-LINK Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately).
- Telemetry Link Capable:    Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX, T7PX and T7PXR Transmitters.
- Input Voltage Range:     2s-3s
- Kv:     3800
- Max. RPM:     100,000
- Motor Size:     Length: 52.7mm
- Diameter: 36mm
- Shaft Size:     Length: 15mm
- Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm)
- Weight (w/wires):     237g / 8.4oz
- Mounting Hole Specifications:     M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan:     Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors:     4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors
- Items Needed for Operation:     Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Application Guidelines:     2s-3s on 2WD/4WD SC trucks and monster trucks. 3S with conservative gearing
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight:     Vehicles weighing up to 6.5 lbs. ready-to-run.
- Tech Notes:
- Running modes: Sensorless and Sensored
- Water Resistant Design: The sensor board is coated with silicone conformal coating to protect the sensors from moisture. The sensor connections are not water resistant water can cause signal loss which could result in loss of sensored capabilities. Castle recommended applying dielectric grease to the outside of the sensor wire connections after installation of the wire. Routine maintenance is recommended after running in wet conditions. Please refer to this document for running and maintaining motors in wet environments.
Used with permission, copyright ©2022 Castle Creations. Copyright ©2022 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works®