The U.S. Navys premier carrier- based fighter, the F-14A Tomcat is capable of Mach 2 flight and low-speed engagements thanks to its variable-geometry wings.
- Plastic pieces attached to sprues and molded in gray.
- The surface of the plane is decorated with fully engraved panel lines and rivet detail.
- Highly detailed cockpit interior includes a seat, controls, and gauges.
- As an added bonus a life-like pilot is included.
- Adjustable sweep wings are functional and give this model the realism that intrigues modelers young and old alike.
- Intricate landing gear system is complete with every detail.
- The Tomcat is no slouch when it comes to equipment. Youll find that the model is equipped with a variety of missles and extra fuel cells.
- Modelers have the choice of one of two different jet exhaust cones.
- Clear plastic canopy allows close inspection of cockpit.
- Detailed pictorial instructions guide you through assembly.
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 14-1/4" (36.1cm)
- Width: 16" (40.6cm)
- Height: 3" (7.5cm)
Requirements & Suggestions
- Plastic cement or glue
- Paint (see MARKING OPTIONS)
- Paint Brushes
- Sprue Cutter
- Modeling Knife
- File or Emery Board
- Water for Decals
- Toothpicks or Glue Tips
- Adult Supervision
- One Decal Sheet with Markings for One Aircraft: U.S. Navy F-14A Tomcat Swing-Wing Fighter
- Airframe and Detail Colors: White, Yellow, Red, Blue, Gray, Gunmetal, Green, Silver, Black
- Keep small parts and sharp edges away from children.
- Care should be taken when using tools and modeling knives.
- Modeling paint should only be used by an adult in a well-ventilated area.
Used with permission, copyright 2019 Model Rectifier Corp. Copyright 2019 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works.