The Tyrrell team made their Formula One bow in 1968 using the Matra Ford and quickly achieved excellent results, with a drivers' championship for Jackie Stewart the next season.
From the 11th race of 1970 in Canada, the team debuted the in-house designed 001, which paved the way for the 003 and 002 cars piloted in 1971 by Stewart and François Cevert respectively. While a unique integrated front wing and nose with radiator just below caught the eye, the 003 utilized an otherwise orthodox, reliable setup. Stewart achieved 6 wins in 11 races including the Monaco GP, more than enough for that season's drivers' and constructors' titles. Now, the car is immortalized in Tamiya 1/12 scale.
- 1/12 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 345mm, width: 170mm, height: 70mm.
- The model realistically captures the T-shaped, flat nose cowling - called "hammer head" - of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP, plus the rounded body panels.
- Steering wheel moves front wheels.
- Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed even after assembly. (Includes stand to put these removed parts)
- Front and rear suspension employs coil springs.
- Exquisite rendering of DFV engine realistically recreates pipes and wiring.
- Photo-etched parts are included to depict radiator, wing end plates, seatbelt buckle parts and more.
- Comes with high-quality Cartograf decals.
- Construction Type Assembly kit
- Decals Included
- Photo-Etch Parts Included
- Required To Complete Cement, Paint and Finishing Supplies
- Scale 1/12
- Special Feature 1 Length: 345mm, width: 170mm, height: 70mm.
- Special Feature 2 The model expertly captures the flat "hammer head" nose of the 003 which raced in the 1971 Monaco GP
- Special Feature 3 Steering wheel moves front wheels.
- Special Feature 4 Body upper cowling and nose parts can be removed after assembly.
- Special Feature 5 Movable front and rear suspension incorporates coil springs.
- Special Feature 6 Exquisite rendering of DFV engine recreates pipes and wiring.
- Special Feature 7 Photo-etched parts included to depict brake disc, radiator, fastener and seatbelt buckle parts. Metal parts capture mirror stalks.
- Special Feature 8 Comes with high quality Cartograf decals.
Used with permission, copyright ©2022 Tamiya USA. Copyright ©2022 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works.®