A Smarter Warthog - The E-flite® A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF jet remains the best performing and easiest to fly high-performance model of the iconic U.S. Air Force aircraft that served with distinction in operations Desert Storm, Desert Fox, Enduring Freedom and others.
The 6S compatible power system of this updated and upgraded model features an exclusive Spektrum&trade Avian&trade Dual Smart ESC that combines with the AR637TA receiver in the BNF® Basic version to provide real-time telemetry data - plus optional-use thrust reversing for shorter rollouts after landing - along with the advantages of AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. Functional features include LED navigation lights, operational flaps, twin rudders, and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts. There's also a more durable, metal-geared nose gear steering servo that makes it more practical to fly from manicured grass and other rough surfaces. It's a superb scale replica and a Smarter "Hog" that offers an unmatched flying experience for a wide variety of pilots!
- The easiest to fly and best handling high-performance A-10 twin EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model ever
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force for Close Air Support and other missions
- Functional features including LED navigation lights, operational flaps and twin rudders
- Scale details including removable ordnance, molded-in panel lines and more
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, capable of top speeds up to 110+ MPH
- Twin 11-blade 64mm fans deliver excellent top speed and nearly unlimited vertical performance
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motors and dual 40-amp ESC
- 40-amp Spektrum Avian&trade Dual Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible transmitters
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-4000mAh to deliver class-leading performance and flight times
- Spektrum&trade AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Nine factory-installed digital servos, including a metal-geared nose wheel steering servo, with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including manicured grass
- Easy to install/remove one-piece composite reinforced wing with hands-free connection system
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied "Flipper" camouflage trim scheme and finish
- Extremely durable, fully-molded EPO airframe
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
Already own a Spektrum&trade transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X (Artificial Stabilization-3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a heightened sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
- Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- Automatic Self-Leveling
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
- Easy Switch Assignment-No Complex Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
- Approximate Assembly Time     Less Than One Hour
- Battery     Sold Separately
- CG (Center of Gravity)     2-3/16 - 2-3/4 in (55-70mm) from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage
- Charger     Sold Separately
- Completion Level     Bind-N-Fly Basic
- Fan Size     64mm EDF
- Flaps     Yes
- Power Type     Electric
- Landing Gear     Yes
- Material     EPO
- Minimum Required Radio     Full-Range 6–8+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2®
- Motor Size     (2) 2840-2200Kv
- Product Length     41.77" (1061 mm)
- Product Weight     82 oz (2324g) w/22.2V 4000mAh 6S 50C battery 61 oz, (1732g) w/o battery
- Radio     Sold Separately
- Receiver     Included
- Recommended Motor Battery     6S LiPo 3200 - 4000mAh
- Retracts     Included
- Servos     Included
- Skill Level     Level 2
- Speed     100+
- Speed Control     Included
- Technology     Smart, AS3X and SAFE
- Trim Scheme Colors     "Flipper" camouflage trim scheme and finish
- Wing Area     340 sq in (21.9 sq dm)
- Wingspan     45.24" (1149 mm)
In The Box
- (1) E-flite® A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF
- (1) Spektrum&tradeAR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Avian&trade Dual 40A Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
- (2) Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
- (9) Digital Servos (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- For Basic Functionality (1) Full-range 6-Channel Spektrum&trade DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- For SAFE Select Functionality (1) Full-range 7-Channel Spektrum&trade DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- For SAFE Select And Motor Reversing Functionality (1) Full-range 8+Channel Spektrum&trade DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- (1) 6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5&trade or IC5® Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
- (1) Smart ESC Programming Update Box (Required for Reverse Thrust Function Only)
Used with permission, copyright ©2022 E-Flite/Horizon Hobby, Inc. Copyright ©2022 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works.®