The HEMTT M984 is a Wrecker, 8 x 8, heavy expanded mobility tactical truck wrecker, heavy duty crane and winch.
It provides heavy wheeled recovery and crane recover/tow/maintenance lift assistance) to 10-ton and lighter tactical wheeled vehicles. Its lift-and-tow system can recover disabled vehicles in two to three minutes.
The M984 wrecker is the only HEMTT variant to have been produced in A1 configuration, and this resulting in the change of recovery crane and retrieval system between A0 and A1 configurations. The current model is the M984A4. Standard equipment includes a 27,240 kg capacity two-speed recovery winch, a rear-mounted 11,340 kg capacity vehicle retrieval system, and a 6,350 kg at 2.74 m capacity Grove materials handling crane. A 9,072 kg bare drum capacity self-recovery winch is fitted as standard on the M984.
- Model Brief: Length: 308.4mm Width: 103.5mm
- Total Parts: 670+
- Metal Parts: metal tube
- Photo Etched Parts: 1 piece
- Total Sprues: 21 sprues , cab and tires
- Detailed multi-directional slide-molded cab.
- Full drive train assembly complete with engine transmission, differential  housing and suspension units.
- The main tires are hollow rubber with very good tread pattern
Used with permission, copyright 2020 Trumpeter Scale Models Copyright 2020 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works