This is a 1/48 scale plastic assembly kit model of the British Tank Churchill Mk.VII Crocodile.
The Churchill design was the result of a chastening experience for British forces in early WWII, a more modern design that could be produced quickly to make up for armor shortfalls after the Dunkirk evacuations.
The Mk.VII variant was up-gunned with a 75mm gun and had improved armor up to 152mm thick! The Crocodile is one of the most notable special variants of the Churchill. It had an 80-plus meter range flamethrower in place of the front machine gun, towing its fuel and compressed nitrogen propellant in a trailer behind.
- 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 250mm (Crocodile)/156mm (Mk.VII infantry tank), width: 72mm.
- The Crocodile variant features dedicated flamethrower, trailer and rear gate parts.
- Comes with link-and-length assembly type tracks with 1-piece straight sections.
- Features a multi-piece recreation of the Crocodile trailer coupling.
- Commander torso figure included.
- Turret hatch can be assembled open or closed.
- Front fender parts are optional.
Features marking options for one Crocodile and one Mk.VII infantry tank.
- Marking Option 1: Churchill Mk.VII Crocodile, 79th Armoured Division, North West Europe, 1944
- Marking Option 2: Churchill Mk.VII infantry tank, 34th Tank Brigade, 147th RAC, France, July 1944
Used with permission, copyright 2018 Tamiya USA/Tower Hobbies, Inc. Copyright 2018 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works.