This is a F4U-4 Corsair Plastic Model Kit from Revell. Suitable for Ages 12 & Older.
The Corsair, single place Navy fighter, was the last propeller-driven fighter made in the U.S. Unique in appearance with its inverted gull wing shape, it was designed for carrier operation but was flown from Pacific airstrips by Marine Corps pilots. The Corsair proved very effective in the Korean War.
- Highly detailed plastic pieces molded in light gray and clear
- Folding wings
- Retractable landing gear and doors
- Optional armament 3 external drop tanks, 2-1000 pound bombs and 8 under-wing rockets
- Waterslide decals
- Illustrated instructions
MARKING OPTIONS: One decal sheet with markings for 2 versions:
- F4U-4, VMA-332, USS Bairoko (CVE 115) Korea, July 1953
- F4U-4, VMF-214, "Black Sheep" Squadron, USS Sicily (CVE-118) Korea, 1951
- Hobby knife
- Cement for plastics
- Sprue cutters
- Paint (Brown, Flat Black, Flat Whtie, Green, Olive Drab, Red, Sea Blue, Silver, Skin Color, Tan, Yellow, Zinc Chromate)
- Scale: 1/48
- Length: 8" (203mm)
- Wingspan: 10-1/2" (267mm)
- Skill level: 4
- Parts: 70
COMMENTS: Due to small parts that could cause a choking hazard please keep away from children 3 years of age and younger.
Used with permission, copyright 2017 Revell Monogram/Tower Hobbies, Inc. Copyright 2017 Brey Corp. t/a Hobby Works.